Most of the books in Waidner-Spahr Library are arranged by a system known as the Library of Congress Classification, or LCC (though there are some exceptions).
- Read the first line in alphabetical order (e.g. A, BD, BR, D, DH, P, PS, PZ)
- Read the second number as a whole number (e.g. 1, 2, 5, 50, 200, 2100)
- The third line is a combination of letters and numbers
- Read the letter alphabetically
- Read the number as a decimal
- The fourth line is the publication year. Read it chronologically.
Please see our Call Numbers guide for more information.